If you are anything like me, you don’t buy anything without doing a little research or asking around to make sure you aren’t wasting your money! I spent A LOT of time researching others reviews of the products and the company before I decided to sell Younique and I want to pass on what I have learned. So I to want to introduce you to some of the products I sell through Younique by doing makeup reviews. Remember that you are always welcome to ask me any questions and we can get a virtual party started for you at any time if you want to reap the hostess benefits!! (3D lashes for FREE in September!! Score!)
Of course I had to start with the best selling Younique product!
Younique’s 3D Fiber Lash Mascara:
I already mentioned the how and why of my decision to purchase and sell the product in my Younique business launch. So now let’s actually talk about what I think about these little beauties!
First Impression: Nice case, pretty packaging. Then I opened up the two tubes . “What the heck are these little hairy things?!” was my first thought!
I had read the tutorials and watched some how-to videos but I didn’t really pay attention to the texture of the actual product. These hairy things were in fact the fibers! Go ahead say it, Duh Andrea! So after I recovered from my shock and awe moment I took to applying the mascara. The application is a 3 step process.
Application: So you have your two tubes- The transplanting gel, and the green tea fibers.
The transplanting gel is like a basic thick black mascara. It is used as a base for the fibers to attach to your own eye lashes. I applied a nice thick coat to one eye making sure my lashes weren’t stuck together in any place. Immediately after I then applied a LIGHT coat of the fibers. I cannot stress this enough, a very light coat! About one and a half swoops of the fibers onto your lashes. Anything more will end up making them look clumpy, spidery, and messy. You will have the option to layer for a more dramatic affect later but you want to do this in light coats. The first day I tried the lashes out I only put them on one eye so I could do a comparison between the 3D lashes and my regular mascara. So while I let the 3D dry I applied my regular mascara to the other eye. After the fibers set I used the transplanting gel again as a way to lock in and clean up the fibers. This is really what makes your look! This will also ensure that the fibers don’t fall onto your cheek during the day (I haven’t had any problem with smudging or flaking of my lashes!). And Wa-la! Your done! Now this is where I stopped but if you are going for a more dramatic longer looking lash this is where you would repeat the steps!
- Step 1: Apply the transplanting gel. Make sure you have a good coat. Make sure your lashes aren’t stuck together
- Step 2: Apply a light coat of the fibers. Start at the base and swoop to the tips. You can do this one more time if you wish. But lightly, please!!
- Step 3: Re-apply the transplanting gel to lock in the fibers!
Younique actually recommends in their directions that you apply a base coat of mascara to your lashes. I am not sure why they recommend this but I don’t agree with this. I didn’t think I should have to apply a different mascara underneath their product so I tested it out without a base coat of mascara. I don’t see the need for the base coat nor will I ever be putting a base coat on my eyes!
So, it was easy enough. It took me a few applications to get the amount of fibers right. I learned quickly less is more. I like my lashes to look neat and clean and they start to look a little hairy if you apply them thick all at once!
My final opinion: I love them! (as much as one can love in inanimate object!) In comparison it knocks the socks off my old boring drugstore mascara. I once spent over $25 dollars at Ulta for Benefit’s “They’re real” mascara and that didn’t even come close to looking as good as the 3D lashes do! So in my book they are totally worth the money!
“Alright I’m interested, what now?!” Wonderful! You have a few options:
- Head over to my website and purchase your own set! (And let me know what you think!)
- Host your own “Virtual party”- what is that? An open event party to all your friends on Facebook! Invite them and they will come! (I feel like that’s a saying or quote someone famous once said!) You Do the inviting, I’ll answer all the questions! And you get all the hostess benefits! (Remember I said free lashes in September!)
- Become a presenter: The presenters package comes with 1 set of 3D lashes. So if your interested in selling and want to be really adventurous go ahead and by the presenters package (It’s $99 and comes with over $400 dollars worth of makeup for YOU!)
So if your sold! Yayyy! Enjoy your new product! If not, thanks for allowing me to share my new business venture with you and come back for the real fun stuff (Details on our travel adventures!!)